Another Check in to remind myself of my thoughts in the future 29/12/2018

I have seen 123 films this year by my count so far, there are a bunch more "2018 films" I have yet to see but I have put the, into preliminary catagories (16 because I couldn't decide on one to remove), honourable mentions for favourite films, movies that I like but don't think of as awards worthy, movies that didn't really work for me or that have some sort of issues or whatever, and I also have a list of films I need to watch before finalizing my list/ making a ranked top 5, 10, 20, whatever. Movies in each category are listed in no particular order, I was going to alphabetize but its fluid and there are too many and I didn't have time - read nothing into the ordering! Also I hate bottom of the year lists so this allows me to just make a list called the rest without totally shitting on the hardwork it took to make them.
Top 20 (3.5-4/4 movies)
First Man, First Reformed, Shoplifters, Roma, The Favourite, Eighth Grade, Happy as Lazzaro, Burning, BlackKKlansman, Free Solo, Won't You Be My Neighbour, Widows, The Death of Stalin, Paddington 2, Annihilation, Leave No Trace, You Were Never Relly Here, Hereditary, Mary Poppins Returns, Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse,
Honourable Mentions (24) (3-3.5/4 movies)
Bumblebee, Black Panther, Cold War, Ava (maybe a 2017 film), The Wife, A Quiet Place, The Miseducation of Cameron Post, RBG, Mirai, Isle of Dogs, Tully, Mary and the Witch's Flower (if it counts as 2018), 3 Identical Strangers, The Rider, Sorry to Bother You, Mission Impossible: Fallout, A Prayer Before Dawn, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, Ballad of Buster Scruggs, McQueen, If Beale Street Could Talk, Green Book, Boy Erased, Minding the Gap,
Good-Great movies that I wouldn't personally consider when mking a best of the year list but that I do like (51) (2.5-3/4 movies)
A star is Born, Aquaman, Birds of Passage, C'est La Vie (maybe 2017), Celia, Searching, Early Man, Incredibles 2, Game Night, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, A Wrinkle in Time, Love, Simon, Final Portrait, Ready Player One, Blockers, Unsane, Lean on Pete, Rampage, Avengers: Infinity War, Antman and the Wasp, Disobedience, Deadpool 2, Ocean's 8, On Chesil Beach, Sicario: Age of Soldado, Whitney, Don't Worry He WOn't Get Far on Foot, Mama Mia: Here we go again, Mortal Engines, Crazy Rich Asians, The Sisters Brothers, Smallfoot, The old man and the Gun, Goosebumps 2, Beautiful Boy, Halloween, The Breaker Upperers, She Shears, Yellow is Forbidden, The Dawn Wall (is it a 2018 film), McKellen:Playing The Part, Dumplin', The Children Act, The Wild Pear Tree, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peele Pie Society, Alex Strangelove, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Mary Queen of Scotts, Instant Family, Really Breaks the Internet, Bad Times at the El Royale, Shirkers
The Rest - Not necessarily bad movies just movies I felt had really glaring issues or movies that didn't really work for me or that I felt like weren't on the same level as those above (39) (<=2.5/4 movies)
Mile 22, The Happytime Murders, 12 Strong, Juliet, Naked, GIrl, The House with a clock in its walls, The Nun, Beirut, Pacific Rim Uprising, Maze Runner, Vice, Winchester, Venom, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Cloverfield Paradox, FIfty Shades Freed, Peter Rabbit, The Kissing Booth, Red Sparrow, The Leisure Seeker, The Seagull, Dogman, Truth or Dare, Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom, The FIrst Purge, Teen Titans go, Christopher Robin, Darkest Minds, The Spy who dumped me, The Meg, Johnny English Strikes Again, The Girl in the Spider's Web, The Grinch, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Gindelwald, Robin Hood, Mowgli:Legend of the Jungle, Capernaum, Outlaw King, Prince of Theives
Movies I want to see before finalising any lists (some I will be seeing soon, some are a long way off being released here)
The Kindergarten Teacher, The 2 Orson Wells films,  Blindspotting, Thoroughbreds, Colette, Assasination Nation, The Hate U Give, 22 July, Madeline's Madeline, Mid90s, Wildlife, Suspiria, Welcome to Marwen, Second Act, Birdbox, A Private War, The Frontrunner, Border, Mandy, Creed 2, Anna and the Apocalypse, Ben is Back, The Mule, Destroyer, On the Basis of Sex, Never Look Away, Have Country this Morning, This Evening
If anyone cares to actually read all of this and has any films that I should see and isn't on my to see list feel free to make a recommendation but nobody reads this blog anyway. I will put updated thoughts later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 2nd Recently viewed

5 October

A bunch of films I have watched recently